BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, August 08, 2010

My Favorite Lines--Part One

There are books I've read that have lines I can quote even years after the last time I read that story. For example, Perfect Partners by Jayne Ann Krentz has one of my favorite lines of all time: "Good news, Dixon. She doesn't need therapy."

Or how about Linda Howard's Mackenzie's Mountain: He needed a woman bad.

At odd moments as I read, I wondered if my favorite line in the book was the same as the author's favorite. Did she have one? Was it something different? Or did she think back to this story and remember the same line that I recalled when I thought about that book? Sometimes a line comes to me and it compels me to reread the book it came from.

I started thinking about this and then my brain wandered over to the favorite lines I have from my books. A new question rose up. Did people who've read my books love the same lines that are my favorites? I decided there was only one way to get this question answered: Blog about it.

Sometimes my favorite line can really be called favorite lines because it's more than one sentence, but FWIW, here are the lines that are my personal favorites from my stories.

Demon Kissed

This is after the hero and heroine have made love.

She'd never bitten anyone before, not even as a child, but she hadn't hesitated to do it to Andras. Claiming him. That's what she'd done, marked him as hers, marked him off limits, and he'd done the same to her.

In the Darkest Night

This is from the epilogue, a scene between the hero and his twin brother.

"Now that we have that straight, you think you'll get back to normal?"

"No. I'm never going to be who I was before, but maybe in a while, I can find a new version of normal."

The Troll Bridge

This is the heroine's response to the hero introducing himself to her.

"Troll? Seriously? That's what your mom calls you?"

Blood Feud

Here is when the heroine sees the hero for the first time in 200 years. This is kind of a star-crossed romance and outside forces have kept them apart until now

Every woman should have a demon lover once in her life. Seere had been mine.

Edge of Dawn

This part comes after Shona, the heroine, has her eyes opened to the fact the hero is a magical troubleshooter and that he's been assigned to protect her. This is part of where he's reassuring her that what's between them is real and not part of his job.

"I'd kill to keep you safe, but that's my job." The intensity in his voice had Shona holding her breath. "There are damn few people, though, that I'd be willing to die for. You're one of them. Think about that while I change."

Logan leaned down, kissed her forehead, and walked away.

Since this is getting a little long, I'm going to stop here. If y'all are interested, I'll continue next Sunday with the rest of my books. I'm curious, though--what are your favorite lines from my stories? If you have any, of course.