BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, October 03, 2010

The Blog Where I Have Nothing To Say

It's been a really busy weekend for me. It's October, I live in Minnesota, and it was nice weather. That could mean only one thing--yard work.

I got my hair cut, walked 4 1/2 miles, cleaned my car (including the inner windows) and put Rain-X on the windows, then I cut down all my flowers. I have a lot of them. There's the big garden, the tree ring, the patch by the pine trees, peonies up the side of my house, and two patches of bee balm in the yard. The patio furniture came off the deck and into the garage. And just to finish out the day with a thrill, I did three loads of laundry.

Yes, the excitement never stops. I didn't get my house clean, although that was on the agenda for this weekend, too. I also didn't finish writing book copy for my two short stories or format them for e-book readers. Also on my To Do List.

Yard work isn't quite done. I didn't have any cedar mulch to put down over the flowers, so I'm hoping for one more nice weekend so I can buy some of that and finish this last detail. After that, things will ease up.

The one good thing about October is that baseball playoffs begin. I'll be rooting for the Twins and the Braves to make the World Series.