BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blood Feud Is On Kindle!

Last year, I wrote a short story for The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2, called Blood Feud. Until now, it's only been part of the full collection and I wanted people to be able to buy it on its own if they only wanted to read my story. It took me a little while to find the time to figure it all out, but Blood Feud is now available in Kindle format!

Demons and vampires have always been enemies, but they reached an uneasy truce. A truce now threatened by a demon who is murdering vampires.

Isobel is a troubleshooter for her vampire clan and she's ordered to work with a demon to find the killer. She never expected her new partner to be Seere, the demon lover she'd abandoned.

The last thing Seere wants is to fall under Iso's spell a second time. But as they work together to find the murderer, Seere learns that what burns between them is more explosive than any Blood Feud.

If you've read my Nocturne Bites story, Demon Kissed, Blood Feud is set in the same world. In DEMON KISSED, when Andras makes reference to the demon prince being in love with a vampire, he's referring to Isobel and Seere from BLOOD FEUD. There's a third story in this world coming out in 2011 from Nocturne Bites as well. I think the title is going to be SHADOW'S CARESS, but I have no idea on the release date yet.

Anyway, I've been working on this plan to upload Blood Feud on my own for a while. I had this awesome cover made and then procrastinated on the actual conversion for Kindle upload. It was a little tedious to format, but it went much easier than I expected.

Blood Feud cover

I know not everyone reads on a Kindle. I'm going to try to format for the other readers as well, but I can't promise when I'll manage to get it done unless I can upload the file in the same format that Amazon took. Somehow I'm guessing it won't be that easy.

And as I'm typing this, I'm working on getting The Troll Bridge uploaded for Kindle, too. TROLL BRIDGE was part of The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance and is set on Jarved Nine. It takes place about seven years after the end of Eternal Nights, Wyatt and Kendall's story. I know a lot of fans of the Jarved Nine series have been asking for this to be available as a stand alone, so I'm excited to get this out there.

Blood Feud for Kindle