BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jarved Nine Short Story

The Troll Bridge is available for download on Kindle now! This is a short story that I wrote for The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance and it's a story set largely on Jarved Nine. I had a lot of requests from fans of Ravyn's Flight and Eternal Nights to make The Troll Bridge available on its own and I'm happy to finally be able to do this! It's only in Kindle format right now, but I have plans to make it available on other ereaders as well. It just might take me a little while.

Amazon doesn't have the description posted yet, so let me tell you a little bit about the story.

Troll Maglaya is the hero. He's a member of Wyatt's Special Ops team from ETERNAL NIGHTS. He wasn't introduced by name then, but he stayed in my head and wouldn't go away. I knew that somehow, some way I had to write his story, so it was hugely excited to get that opportunity. His heroine is Lia Stanton. She's someone who's played it safe her entire life, but when she's sent to cover a test at a particle accelerator as part of her job in corporate communications, she finds herself flung down a wormhole. The next thing she knows, she's on Jarved Nine forty years in the future. Alex (that would Lt. Col. Alexander "The Big Chill" Sullivan) thinks she's a coalition spy and assigns Troll to guard her while the rest of the team searches for the coalition transport.

Aside from Alex, Damon also makes a brief (non-speaking) appearance. Sasha is in the book, too. She wasn't introduced in ETERNAL NIGHTS either, but she's the ex-wife that Flare was still carrying a torch for in EN. Because it's a short story, things happen quickly between Lia and Troll and I didn't get to unfold the suspense plot at all. If I had, it would have been a 100,000 word story and Mammoth Books didn't want that length. :-)

As I mentioned on Sunday, The Troll Bridge takes place about 7 years after the epilogue of ETERNAL NIGHTS. In those intervening years, Flare, Gravedigger, and Z Man have gotten married. Someday, I hope to write those three men even if I can only do it as short stories because I just love all of Wyatt's team to death.

Here's the extremely awesome cover for the story:

The Troll bridge cover

Find The Troll Bridge on Amazon