BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Born In Fire

Last Sunday I talked about my first Nora Roberts' book, today, I'm going to talk about my favorite. Born In Fire.

Born In Fire is the la Nora book I reread the most. I just love this story. The heroine is a glass artist who has a tempestuous relationship with her mother. The hero is a delicious Irish art dealer who wants the heroine's work for his gallery. After he meets her, he wants her, period.

This book isn't fraught with action. It's much more about relationships and the characters, but I didn't miss the adventure. Maggie is a great heroine and definitely full of fire. Rogan is sexy and I can see him as a precursor to Roarke who is the hero in the JD Robb books. There are similarities, but Rogan is his own person.

One of the things I really enjoyed about this book was the characters and how real they were. I honestly felt that if I hopped on a plane, flew to Ireland, and went to the town that I would actually find Maggie, Rogan, and the rest of the cast. This is three-dimensional characterization at its best. But even better? I wished these people were real because I would have loved to hang out with them. I have to settle for rereading the book over and over.