BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hot Ice

Another of my all-time favorite books is Hot Ice by Nora Roberts. It was actually the first Nora book I read and it made her a must-buy author for me. It took me a long time to pick up all her backlist, but I was late enough finding her that she already had quite a number of books out.

Hot Ice features a hero who's a thief and an heiress heroine. They meet when he's on the run from the police and uses her to get away. They end up becoming partners because he has a map to a treasure and she has the money to fund his hunt. But she's not letting him take off alone, she's going to be with him every step of the way.

This book had the h/h on the run in the jungle. Now you know one of the reasons why I loved it, right? I have a thing for this setup. :-) But I also liked that the heroine had such a smart mouth. She zinged the hero constantly and was more than a match for this con artist/thief. The banter kept me entertained and amused and the action kept me riveted.

Action. Adventure. Romance. Equals me, hooked. Completely. :-)