BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Email Oops

While I was on deadline for Enemy Embrace, I did something I've never done before, not on any other project. I turned off my email.

Gasp!

I didn't have time to deal with it and it was coming fast and furious in amounts that were mind boggling. It was purely self-defense. I checked it after I finished my project, answered a couple of emails, but I was too tired to deal with the rest. My plan was to get caught up this weekend.

Only that didn't happen. It seems that I got so used to not looking at email that I forgot to check it all weekend. Gak! I even sort of forgot that I had notes to answer. Not completely. There was this nagging sense of something hanging over my head. But by and large, it was out of sight, out of mind.

Then I remembered late Monday evening when I needed to send an email to someone. The sight was not pretty. I might have whimpered.

So I have notes from the weekend, notes from the week I was writing, and notes I didn't answer prior to the week I was off work to write because I didn't have time to take care of it. If you're thinking I have an avalanche of email, you'd be right. I will get caught up. Eventually.