BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Atlanta Or Bust

If everything went as planned, I should be in Atlanta, Georgia as you're reading this. I'm writing this post 6 days ahead of my move and I'm torn between panic and excitement. Mostly panic.

I'm trying to look on the bright side about moving. The weather should be much, much better in Atlanta than it is in Minneapolis. I'm tired of the cold and snow. I'm tired of wearing hats and scarves and mittens and heavy winter jackets and boots. Although, wow, I saw the cutest pair of winter boots online last night and nearly ordered them--until I remembered that I won't need them in my new home.

The other plus is that Atlanta is headquarters for my airline, so the odds of having to move again are incredibly low. Also, being our major hub, it will be more convenient for traveling. More non-stop destinations there.

Right now, though, I'm frantic about how much I have left to do and how little time I have to do it in. I'm worried about finding my way around a new city when I still get lost in the city in which I grew up. And I'm especially worried about leaving my parents alone in Minnesota. If they need me, it will take hours to fly home.

Future blog posts will no doubt talk about my adventures in Atlanta. I'm sure I'll be doing lots of things y'all can laugh about.