BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Hang Ten

The first thing that caught my eye here was the waves. This is an incredible view of Mother Nature's sheer power. After I stopped going, wow, the next thing I noticed was the cinematography. It's another wow when I think about how you get yourself in position to film something like this. The third thing that caught my eye was the actual surfing. Yeah, I know, but I think this is more a video about the waves than about the surfing.

Another little factoid that made this video interesting to me, it was shot at Teahupoo. That's Tahiti. I have this heroine who's half Tahitian and her father and mother were headed to French Polynesia. Her father's main interest in going was catching the surfing competition at...you guessed it...Teahupoo.