BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pinned!

I'm on Pinterest now!  For those of you unfamiliar with it, Pinterest is like a cyber bulletin board where you can pin pictures you find online and share them with others.

I'd heard about Pinterest shortly after they started, but I didn't sign up then. I suspected that I might find it addicting, and as it turns out, I was right. Sharing pictures is fun, but it's also so much fun to see what other people are sharing. It's allowed me to discover things I might not have stumbled across on my own.

One of the reasons why I decided I wanted to join Pinterest was so that I could share the pictures I use while I write my stories. I started out just finding pictures for the hero and heroine, but as time went on (and after I got high speed internet) I started using more and more pictures. I've always wanted to post them somewhere so that readers who were interested could see what I was envisioning as I wrote, but I didn't think I could do it without violating copyright. Pinterest finally allows me to share and it links back to the original site.

The first thing I did was put up a board with all my characters.Then I started adding other things I liked. Right now I'm doing a board for each book so (if you're interested) you can see not just the characters, but their furniture and homes and other settings or clothes or whatever. This is a work in progress and I'm only about halfway.

If you're on Pinterest, feel free to friend me over there, and everyone is welcome to come on over and check out my boards.