BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

From Idea to Story - Part 7

I lost track of the dates in here. The last post I was doing pre-book writing, more where I was exploring character than expecting anything keepable. After this, I went back to making notes for a while and then I picked up some darn cold/flu bug. Again. I usually only get sick once a year, so twice kind of aggravated me. It also stopped all writing and notes because I couldn't focus long enough to string together a cohesive sentence.

So Sunday March 25th

I try writing again. The thing to remember here is that I haven't done any real writing since last fall sometime because of my move to Atlanta. I just didn't have time to take care of everything that needed to be done and have the energy to write, too.

There's a reason why I don't take much time off from writing--once I stop, it's really hard to get going again.

I spent my time Sunday struggling for words. I didn't get many and I don't think any of them are working really well. I also don't know if I'm starting the story in the right place. I'm only about 50/50 on choosing the right spot the first time, so this is always an issue I deal with. I think the hiatus I've had from writing is simply making things more difficult for me.

Will try again.