BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Love Condor Cam

I'm not sure how I heard about it--probably over Twitter--but I learned that the San Diego Zoo had a condor egg ready to hatch! For the first time, they were broadcasting the camera feed over the internet--Condor Cam! This was back at the beginning of March and the chick hatched on Saturday March 10th. As luck would have it, I saw the baby bird shortly after he (she?) emerged.

I've become addicted to condor cam. Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me to take screenshots until 8 days after the chick's birth. I blame it on how tired and busy I've been. Because these are screen shots from Condor Cam, they're not as clear as I would like, but I'm going to share them anyway.

Condor Chick
Condor Chick - 8 Days Old

Here's the condor chick with his mama - 11 Days Old

Condor Chick - 12 Days Old

Condor Chick tucked under his Mama's wing - 16 Days Old

Sleeping Condor Chick - 19 Days Old