BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Two Months of the Condor

blogged back in April (love Condor Cam) about how much I loved Condor Cam at the San Diego Zoo. I've remained addicted to this live stream of the Condors and I wanted to share some updated pictures. You won't believe how big little Saticoy (the chick's name) has become in such a short period of time!

First, a picture of little Saticoy when he was 11 days old. He's tucked near his mama's wing.



Here's Saticoy on April 22. He was born on March 10, so he's about 6 weeks old in this picture. He grew fast!



This screenshot of Saticoy was taken yesterday, May 28th. I'm not sure this gives the best view of how big he is, so let me find another shot.



Here we go. This one was taken on May 21st and it shows him near the opening of his nesting box. If I recall correctly, that's Saticoy's father sitting outside, guarding the entrance.



And one last picture because this shot is sooo cute! This is Saticoy sleeping, totally relaxed and oblivious. Isn't he adorable?