BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Shifts

Last week I talked about the hero and heroine who have stayed stubbornly silent, frustrating me endlessly. After talking it over with a friend, I've shifted the books in the trilogy around and I'm starting with a different h/h. This is the second time this particular series has had the books shifted, so I'm hoping this time it sticks.

Since I managed to pick up some stupid bug that's left me under the weather, I decided to do some pre-book stuff for my new h/h. I didn't need to look for pictures of them--I already had those--but I did need to know where they lived and what kind of cars they drove.

I started on the houses first. It's really fun to look at real estate, especially in the millions of dollars price range. Neither my hero or heroine own a house like that themselves, but the leaders of their respective groups do.

It actually didn't take too long to find a house that fit my heroine's leader. The hero wasn't quite as easy, but the house I found fit almost exactly what I'd seen when he and his father took a long walk and had a serious conversation. It was a total WHOA! moment when I saw that yard and the view that matched my vision.

The only drawback on the mansion was while there were a ton of pictures of the grounds and exterior, there were comparatively few indoor pictures and none of the bedrooms. I'll wing it when the time comes if it's necessary. It might not be.

I moved on to the cars next, and I confess, I didn't spend a great deal of time on them. The hardest part was figuring out what type of car they'd drive. Pickups and SUVs didn't feel right for my hero, but when I checked out Ferrari and Lamborghini, those weren't right either. I hit pay dirt on Aston Martin. The Vanquish. He liked the bronze color. I would have figured him for bright red, but that was a big no.

The heroine is classy and elegant and her car was relatively easy to pick out. Mercedes. CL65-AMG. I had to look that up because I don't remember numbers, but it's expensive and sporty.

Now to let the things I learned gently percolate until I shake the virus I've picked up.