BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lost Time

One of the things I'm struggling with the most in Atlanta is the two hours I've lost on workdays. When I lived in MN, I used to be home by 3pm, which gave me time to take a walk, get some stuff done around the house, and write. I miss those hours and need them.

The problem is that even though I'm starting work an hour later, I still have to get up at the same time because my commute has doubled. Another half hour gets tacked on because of van pool, but I'm not giving that up. Van pool has made my quality of life increase greatly because I don't have to drive with the lunatics and maniacs. I've never seen drivers like this.

But I digress. Anyway, those two hours meant a lot to me and I'm trying to come up with some way to still squeeze walks and writing and life. My alarm already goes off at 4am, so I don't plan to wake up any earlier. I'm just not sure where else to find time.

Somehow, I need to work this out. If only there was some way to make days 26 hours long.