BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Crossing Every T

It's actually kind of amazing how much paperwork is involved with buying a home. I thought that once I initialed the counteroffer that all would be finished until closing. I was wrong.

I spent the week afterward signing and initialing many more documents. One or two every day until that Friday. Finally, I had a day without emails from my real estate agent. I kept waiting, checking email and expecting more documents to deal with, but nothing showed up.

The inspection happened the first week and only very minor stuff on the exterior of the house came up as a problem. A damaged gutter, some weathering on the area around the dormer windows--nothing to worry about.

Of course, we're not quite out of the woods yet. There's still an appraisal to get through. I'm hoping the house won't come in low because I really don't want to deal with renegotiating even if meant I got a better deal. I just want a nice, low stress (as low as possibly anyway) glide into my new home.