BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Organization

This is another post about the new house. I know that's all I've been talking about for weeks now, but I'm so excited that I can't stand it. For the last year and a half, I've been living in Atlanta, but 98% of my things have been in Minnesota. The idea of having a home with all my stuff? Bliss.

Unfortunately, my new house doesn't have a basement which means I'm going to have issues figuring out where to put things. My basement in Minnesota was unfinished and pretty much a massive storage facility.

I've decided the only two things that can help me now are decluttering and organization.

I did get rid of a ton of stuff as I went through my house in MN to put it on the market, but I didn't get rid of everything I could. Because of time constraints, I just did the things I knew I could power through quickly and I decided to move the rest of it to Georgia and deal with it here. Now, I will have to deal with it promptly, not whenever I get around to it. :-/

Step 2 is keeping myself organized. I am notoriously bad at this, but I've been pinning organization stuff over on Pinterest (Organization Tips) and now I'll have to actually click through and read these blogs. Oh, and come up with a system that works for me.

Some of the guys at work have suggested I put up an outbuilding for storage, but I really don't want to do that. Not only do I not have the space, but I don't want to worry about bugs getting in my things.

Others have suggested I get a storage unit, but I look at it this way. If I can put things in storage and rarely, if ever, need them, then I can get rid of it all together.

Complicating my plans? An August 15 deadline, followed by a November 15 deadline.