BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Back to Blogger

As much as I hated to do it, I've taken the WordPress blog off my website and returned to Blogger--hosted at Blogspot. I apologize if this inconveniences anyone, but despite the reams of security I had around that blog, it was hacked again. This is like the third or fourth time now.

No one else I know seems to have this problem, but for me, it's been a constant battle. The last time, I nuked the entire blog and the database it was hooked to and started completely over with a number of different security programs that did different things. I even blocked the IP addresses of the person who was trying to hack in, changed my password to one that was 32 characters long with numbers, letters, and symbols, and changed the standard names WordPress gives to standard installation features.

Despite all this, on Friday when I did a quick check of my users, I found another name in there beside my own.

I threw in the towel.

I don't have the time or energy to keep up with the hackers anymore. So despite what this is going to do to my Google search results, I am keeping my blog off my site and returning to Blogger. It's not the optimal solution, but it's the best I can do.