BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

My Super Bowl Top Three Ads

I was an advertising major in college and one of my favorite things about the Super Bowl is the commercials. This year had an odd selection of ads. I thought a lot of them were strange with a juxtaposition of action that seemed to have nothing to do with the product.

For example, The Chobani commercial with the bear in the general store. How does this say yogurt? Or the ad for the Maserati. It was a cool ad, don't get me wrong. I loved the visuals, the little girl, and the voice over, but I thought the ad was for some post apocalyptic movie or something. Nothing about it said car to me.

There were a lot of ads like that all throughout the Super Bowl. It's like most of the advertisers decided to film stuff that was cool and just tack their product on at the end, whether it fit logically with the images or not.

So which ads did I like? I'll post my top 3.

The best ad of the night for me was Radio Shack. I loved the humor and the fact that it was just plain fun! See how many 80s references you can spot.


I had a hard time picking for second and third place. These two ads could go in either order, but I ultimately decided on the Budweiser commercial with the puppy as the second best ad of the Super Bowl. Cute animals. What can I say?


The third place commercial--which easily could be my second favorite--is for Cheerios. The little girl is adorable and she gets a puppy out of the deal. :-)