BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Throwing My Hat In the Ring

I've decided to run for congress. I have only one plank in my platform and only one goal: Repeal the time change legislation.

Yes, my friends, I'm talking about Daylight Savings Time. While a time-honored tradition, it's past it's useful shelf life. With mechanized farming and electricity, DST is a relic. The argument that it saves energy because people don't have to turn their lights on as early is easily offset by the increase use of air conditioning.

That's right. Instead of saving energy, DST is costing more use of electricity during the warm summer months.

Just think. No more zombie days until your body adjusts to the time change. No more stumbling around bleary-eyed. Improved health. Yes, indeed, medical research has shown that more people have heart attacks after the time change and that there are more car accidents in the week after DST goes into effect. Repealing DST saves lives!

That my friends, is my platform. Repeal DST:  Save Lives, Save Energy. Please help me make my dream come true.

PS I apologize for any typos, misused words. I had difficulty writing this post thanks to Daylight Zombie Time.