BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pen Hoarder

I'm not sure if all authors are enamored by office supplies, but from conversations I've had and seen online, there seems to be a huge number of us who can go crazy in Office Depot or Staples or the office supply section of Target.

Pens, paper, folders... All bring on sighs of joy and bliss.

I have 8.5 x 11 notes pads in all kinds of colors, purple steno pads, an assortment of folders in a rainbow of colors, and I can do a super rainbow in all my gel pens.

And I can't forget sticky notes. I have more than I'll use in my lifetime, but I adore the different sizes and colors. Some have lines, some have no lines. It's actually rather silly how many office supplies I own and my pens will probably dry up long before I use them up.

I can't help it. Buying office supplies is as good as buying shoes and almost as exciting as buying a gadget. Almost. I'm still the queen of gadgets and not even paper products can overcome that love.

I have a wish list full of office supplies that I don't really need, but I can't help myself.

As much as I hate to admit this, part of the problem I'm having unpacking my office from my move to GA is all the extra office supplies I own. I have slightly less room in my new office than I had in my MN office. Ah, well, I'll figure it out. I'm not parting with my pens.