BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Shoe Dilemma

As I was writing, it became apparent that my heroine needed a pair of shoes. Something casual that she could slip on fast. I thought about moccasins, but that didn't feel right for the character. She's just not a moccasin woman. There was nothing to do except go online and check out what Nordstrom had available.

A funny thing happened, though, just a few rows down I saw this super cute pair of comfort shoes. I'd never heard of the brand before, but I haven't been keeping up with them like I used to. High ratings. Much comfort mentioned by every reviewer. Hmm.

I hopped over to Shoebuy. They had the same shoe, and with their Memorial Day sale, it would have ended up being about the same price, but the two colors they had in that style didn't work for me.

My finger slipped to the buy button on Nordstrom.

But oh, sale at Shoebuy. I checked out a few more styles by the same brand and found one more super cute pair of shoes. My finger slipped over that buy button again. I couldn't help it.

It's all my heroine's fault that I bought all the shoes. And in the end, she suggested flip flops. If only she'd said something sooner.