BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Good Day, Sunshine

One of the things that never ceases to amaze me is how writing impacts my mood. Bad writing day or an unproductive writing day and I'm down and irritable. And if the opposite happens, then my mood is good. Dramatically different from a bad day.

Last weekend, I had a very productive 2 days. I'm trying to get back into a story that I haven't worked on in more than 3 years and it's been tough. My characters were distant and not talking to me. Sitting down to write was a lesson in frustration. For a while on Saturday, I even worked on organizing my kitchen to avoid writing.

But Saturday night, I forced myself to work and on Sunday, I got a lot done. Granted, a lot of what I did was taking the stuff I'd already written and reorganizing it and revising it to work with the revisions I was planning to make, but I did write new stuff too. Some.

The new stuff needs revision. Badly. My heroine's voice isn't coming through in the new pages, but I can fix that once I firmly reconnect with her and her hero. The important thing is that I finally made progress and damn, it feels good!