BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Wasted Space

I'm not a bath person. Strictly showers for me, thanks. And because of this, the tub in the master bathroom is nothing except wasted space.

I can't afford to redo my bathroom. I wish I could. I'd have the tub taken out and I'd have an awesome walk-shower installed. My current shower is walk-in because it's a separate tub/shower thing, but it's smallish and has fiberglass formed to look like fake tile. It's adequate, don't get me wrong, but I'd like a gorgeous, House Beautiful shower.

In my dreams, I also have the counter replaced with quartz or granite and have under mounted sinks. And I'd slip another closet in there--maybe where the old shower was. I seriously need a bit more storage.

But this isn't affordable for me at this point and so I'm faced with a tub-sized space in my bathroom that does nothing except collect dust.

I posted about this over on Facebook and asked for some suggestions. Some were doable, some weren't, but there were a lot of good ideas. I'm just not sure I'm ready to commit to any of them. Maybe because I'm too busy imagining the bathroom renovation I'm wishing for. :-)