BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, September 04, 2014

The First Time I've Kickstarted

I've been over to visit Kickstarter a few times, mostly when other writers tweeted about projects for books or magazine issues. I've thought about investing, but never felt compelled. Until recently.

I backed The Stupendous Splendiferous ButterUp.

A group of Australian guys invented a knife that will actually spread butter without ripping up your bread--if the video is accurate. I'm making an effort to get back to more natural foods, but I've hesitated on butter because it's such a PITA to spread.

Since their goal of $38,000 Australian Dollars was surpassed by nearly 10x, it appears that I'm not the only one who hates spreading butter.

My Stupendous Splendiferous ButterUp is supposed to arrive in December. I'll try to remember to write a review after I've had a chance to use it.