BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Organization 101

I'm not the most organized person in the world. I like things neat and clean--definitely uncluttered--but even so, I sometimes have trouble finding things. When I lived in the condo and had almost all of my furniture up in Minnesota, I learned how valuable boxes and bins can be, but I still had (and have) no real system. Because I know this is a shortcoming for me, I started pinning images to articles about organizing on Pinterest. (Organization Tips Board)

Some of these articles I pinned for my parents who definitely need to declutter. A lot of them, though, I pinned for myself. The problem? I've only read a few of them. I'm hoping for osmosis.

I have made some progress. I've bought some awesome decorative boxes with lids for my closet and instead of having my purses lined up on the shelves, I've put them inside. I bought more bins that I planned to use in my linen closet, but they weren't working out quite right there. Two might work in my office, but I'm still mulling over the other two.

Before I moved from Minnesota to Georgia, I got rid of a lot of excess stuff, but I didn't have time to go through all of it. One of my goals for this year is to shed more things as I organize. Of course, finding time to do all this is hard. Between working full time and writing and real life, time is limited. I'm determined, though, that I get my office put away before summer. That room is still in chaos from the move and it's so bad that I can't even walk in there without getting stressed. Blech.