BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pantry Maneuvers

I might not be the most organized person in the world (look at my office and be afraid. Be very afraid), but my mom's organization makes me crazy. While my parents were visiting, my mom decided to rearrange my entire pantry. Why? I don't know. This is the second time she's done this to me.

It's been the way my mom set it up for a while now, but I needed to make room and as I shifted things around, all I could do was shake my head.

I thought I only had two cans of broth. As it turns out, this is not true. In fact, I have so many cans of broth that I couldn't line them all up back to front on the shelf. I had to shift some of them in front of other soups. Why do I have so much broth? Because my mom put the cans in three different places on two different shelves and almost all of them had other stuff in front of them.

Jars were mixed up with cans and very few like items were together. I seriously do not get this. Why wouldn't my mom want all the chicken broth together, all the beef broth, all the soups, all the salsa?

Reorganizing everything is not a lot of fun, so I only did a little bit. It was just as much work for my mom, and while I do appreciate her wanting to help out, in this case, I wish she hadn't. I'm still trying to figure out why she didn't like my system.