BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 02, 2015

Coloring For Adults

A couple of weeks ago, I shared an article on Facebook about an artist who created some coloring books for adults. This sounded like such a cool idea and it immediately intrigued me. I've always wished I had the ability to draw, but unfortunately my work isn't good enough for me and I get discouraged.

Maybe it's because as much as I love it, art isn't my passion. Maybe if I was willing to put in the time it takes to refine my skill, I might be decent enough to enjoy doing it. But the truth of the matter is that I'm not willing to put in the hours it would take. With writing, I did. When I created something that didn't meet my level of expectation, I would revise it or keep writing until I became better at it, until I reached a level where I could do it professionally. With art, I just rip the page out of the sketchbook, throw it in the recycle bag, and go do something else.

So anyway, here's an artist who did the hard part for me, all I'd have to do is color between her lines. Then I'd think about it some more and wonder when I'd have time to do this. I'm stretched so thin right now, I'm exhausted most of the time, and if I need a creative outlet that is not writing, I have a ton of scrapbook supplies that I should do something with.

Despite this, I keep revisiting the page with the coloring books and thinking about clicking the buy button. We'll see what happens. :-)