BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Rescheduling Sunday

An article I read a while back talked about ways to make Sundays more enjoyable. Normally, it's a day where I'm running around late in the day, trying to do 100 things and getting wound up. This article said to do those things on other days, don't save them for Sunday and I decided to give it a shot.

Last week was my first try and it went pretty well. In the evening, instead of trying to get everything together for work, I was able to relax. It felt weird not to have anything on the must-do-it-tonight list, but it was also nice.

Saturday doesn't hold the same time pressure that Sunday does. Maybe it's psychological? I don't know, but I was able to do all the things without getting frazzled like I do on Sunday night.

I'm doing it again this week and while it still feels kind of strange, I think I could learn to get used to it. And I think--just maybe--it made it a little bit easier to go to sleep on Sunday night. This is a regular challenge for me and I usually end up with about 2-3 hours of sleep for Monday morning. Not a great way to start the week.