BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Theme

One of the questions that I sometimes get asked is what's the theme of your book? Or what theme do you write about? I guess I should know these things, but I don't. Even after a book is done, I still can't figure out what the theme is. I guess it's acceptance? I honestly don't know.

But on the Work In Progress (WIP), I actually do know the answer to this question. The theme is forgiveness! Yes, I am all proud of myself for knowing this. :-) I've been published since 2002, but I've never figured out my theme before.

My heroine needs to forgive herself for not being there when she was needed. It really wasn't her fault that she couldn't be reached, but she blames herself anyway for being absent when those she loved needed her.

My hero needs to forgive his father, and because the man is dead, accept that he'll never get an apology or a chance to mend their relationship.

So, yea! My theme in this book is Forgiveness.