BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Writer Humor or Truisms

There are some really fun T-shirts and quotes and things out there right now for writers. I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you.

  • I really hate it when the voices in my head argue among themselves as though I wasn't even in the room. (My characters always talk as if I'm not there.)
  • I know the voices aren't real, but man do they come up with some really great ideas. (Um, my characters feel as real to me as people do.)
  • I'm plotting against you. I'm a writer. It's what I do. (I'm actually not too gung ho on plotting. Although I'm trying to get a little better.)
  • Writing: Somewhere between torture and fun. (Mostly torture until the writing is done. Having written--past tense--is fun.)
  • I understand your search history is kind of scary because you're a writer, but I'm worried the NSA might not. (I've probably been on a watch list for years)
  • "You are a writer. The 'normal' ship sailed without you long ago. ~ Terri Main (I march to my own drummer.)
  • "Being a writer is like having homework every night for the rest of your life." ~ Lawrence Kasdan (Definitely!)
  • This novel won't write itself, but I wouldn't oppose the invention of a telepathic keyboard.
  • "A writer never has a vacation. For a writer life consists of either writing or thinking about writing." ~ Eugene Ionesco (Truth!)