BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, December 03, 2015

Review: A Cat In Paris

This movie is available free for Amazon Prime members and that's how I saw it. All opinions are my own.

******Warning: There Might Be Spoilers******

I'm going to try my best to not spoil the movie for you, but I can't make any promises, so you've been warned.

A Cat In Paris is only a little over an hour long, but I'm going to call it a movie because it felt more like a film than a television show. It's animated, but just as entertaining for an adult as for kids. In fact, I think younger kids might be upset by it because it might be scary for them.

So the basic premise is a little girl named Zoe has a pet cat who goes out every night and the cat has a secret life as sidekick for a cat burglar. Zoe has lost her father and hasn't spoken since that time. Her mother is busy with her job, which awesomely was as a police superintendent or some other high rank in the force. I thought at first a DA or something, but was quickly proven wrong. Zoe's mom is after a burglar who's stolen a lot of jewelry and artwork, but she's also after the man who killed her husband--Victor Costa.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie. I had it on my watch list because I knew my parents were coming down and they don't like a lot of movies. I've found they enjoy children's movies more because there's no swearing or sex and usually no guns or blood. But it's hard to find a good children's movie that isn't going to bore me to death. A Cat In Paris had a high rating, so I figured it might be worth a shot. It ended up being a lot of fun!

At just over an hour, the story moves along quickly and there's no time to get bored. A lot is going on and there's actually action and suspense as the worlds of Zoe, her mother Jeanne, the cat burglar Nico, and the bad guys all get jumbled up together. This is part of why I think younger children might be scared and Zoe is in jeopardy at several points in the story.

Overall, I ended up enjoying the movie and I'm glad I watched it. I'd recommend it (with caution for young children) and give it 4.5 stars.