BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

My Favorite Word Tracker

I've tried word trackers off and on, but I usually ended up not using them for long. Usually, they were too simplistic to seem worthwhile and looking at a plain, Excel spreadsheet leaves something to be desired. And then I found the most awesome word counter spreadsheets ever.

The artist's name is Svenja Gosen.The art work is beautiful and the spreadsheets are a dream.

What I like about them--besides how pretty--is how useful it is. It keeps a running tally for each month and for the year. It also allows you to set goals for yourself (for the year and/or month) and it calculates the words you need each month/day to reach that goal.

I've thought about it and I've decided to use a different spreadsheet for each project I'm working on because it will allow me to know where I'm at on word count without mixing books together. Not that I'm working on more than one right now, but if I was...

Anyway, the spreadsheets are free, but the artist does ask for donations if the user finds them useful. I certainly did.

Disclaimer: I received no compensation for this blog post and I do not know Svenja Gosen at all. I only love these spreadsheets and want to pass along a great writing tool.