BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Happy Music Playlist

At the beginning of December, I blogged about a podcast I listened to that talked about using music to pump up your happiness level quickly. I listed a few of my songs in that post. Afterward, the podcast team posted a Spotify playlist with all the songs people suggested. It's a very long, long playlist. :-)

Here's a link to the podcast website, specifically the episode where they linked to their Spotify playlist. It's a little buried in all the text, but it is there, I promise.

I haven't made it very far on this playlist, but I will say that some of the choices surprised me. I didn't find them uplifting at all. I'd expected to have a little more consistency in what constitutes a song that increases happiness. If I'd made a guess, I would have gone with fast music that makes one want to dance--basically my choices of happy music.

That's not what's on this playlist. At least that's not a lot of what's on this playlist, at least so far. I do have a long way to go yet.

However, one of my choices did tie for first place per the podcast episode. Katrina and the Waves Walking on Sunshine. I know I have very eclectic taste in music, but it's nice to know that at least one of my songs was in the majority.