BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, July 05, 2018

I Have Socks

Believe it or not, I finished my socks. They fought me until the very end.

I had to rip one entire sock apart because I'd dropped a stitch in the leg and didn't notice it until I was to the gusset. My attempts to fix it made everything worse, leaving me with no option except to start the entire sock over from the beginning.

As I'm working on the toe and nearly to the end, my ball of yarn had a knot. This is one of those knots they put in at the manufacturer when they have a break, so there is no way to undo it. That meant I had to cut out the knot and had two extra ends to weave in. This didn't make me happy so close to the finish line.

Also there are many mistakes and imperfections, but considering how hard I fought to create these things, I'm calling it good. (Those are dragon sock blockers inserted into the socks.)