BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Stop the Emails

Long time readers of my blog will know that I've complained about companies who sent me promotional emails daily. I said something like once a week is enough. Well, these companies have not heard my complaints. In fact, they've gone the other direction.

There are companies who are literally sending two and three emails a day!!!

The first email in the morning is usually the offer email. The second email will be a reminder and generally comes mid afternoon. The third email comes at night--sometimes really late for the east coast--telling me it's my last chance to get their fabulous offer.

Once a day was annoying enough. Two or three times a day is ridiculous. I'd been hesitant about unsubscribing because when I want to buy something, I'd like to see the deals available, but I can't do three emails a day from one company. I've started to click the unsubscribe button.

The smart companies will offer an option on their unsubscribe page to receive fewer emails. That's the option I click if it's available. The rest are just an unsubscribe.

What marketing genius said, Hey, this person signed up for our emails, let's bombard them until they hate us and never want to see an email from us again? That's how I'm feeling right now about a number of companies. We're not talking one or two doing this--it's at least a dozen!

Dear companies promoting via email. STOP it or I will unsubscribe from you, too!