BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A Little Less "Love"

I'm not sure if it's only my insurance company, but honestly they are constantly reaching out to me. Calling me, emailing me, wanting me to take surveys about my interactions with them. What's that quote? We care about your total well being. I can't remember if I read that somewhere or saw it on TV or in a movie, but it's appropriately sarcastic. They are trying way too hard to show they love me.

The thing is that I don't want my insurance company to reach out to me. I want them to leave me the hell alone. Send me my bill when it's due, send me my proof of auto insurance card, and stop raising my rates. That's all I want from them.

Instead, I get email after email after email, and when it gets close to policy time, they want to call me to discuss my coverage. No. I don't want to talk to you. I'll call you if I need you.

And ultimately, it doesn't matter how much they try to show they love me. One more price hike on my auto insurance and I'm shopping for a new company. I really don't want to do this because it's a time-consuming, royal PITA, but I haven't had a claim since 1998. There is no way my rates should jump every year.

Maybe if they wasted less money on reaching out to people who want to be left alone, they wouldn't have to jack up their rates.