BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

From the Mixed Up Files

When I was a kid, one of the books I loved was called, "From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler." It was about a brother and sister who run away from home and live in a museum. While they're hiding there, a statue comes in that may or may not have been created by Michelangelo, and Claudia finds herself drawn into the mystery, trying to discover the truth. She ends up paying a visit to Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler who donated the piece and the woman gives her and her brother a limited amount of time to search her files and discover whether Michelangelo really created the masterpiece or not. But the trick is that the files aren't organized in what most people would consider a logical method. In the book, Claudia tells her brother something like, five minutes of planning equals hours of searching.

You're probably wondering why I'm talking about this book. It's that last line about the short time planning being worth hours of work. That's what I'm doing today with TOD. Instead of dragging a laptop to work, I'm taking a pad of paper, and I'm going to figure out what I need to accomplish as far as the characters and the plot between where I am now and the end of the book. I'm thinking this will help me focus my scenes and save me some meandering writing that I'll end up cutting anyway.

I didn't get much accomplished yesterday on TOD, but then I didn't expect to. Mondays are rough days for me. I fell asleep for an hour and woke up groggy. And of course, I got a second wind right around 8pm which means I feel zombie-like today.

Through a Crimson Veil received two more reviews yesterday! The first link I was sent was from Paranormal Romance Writers. The reviewer said:
"Through a Crimson Veil," written by Patti O'Shea and published by Lovespell, is a thrilling and imaginative paranormal fantasy.

The second review link is from Fallen Angel Reviews. Crimson Veil received 5 Angels and was named a Recommended Read. Yea! The reviewer had a lot of great things to say, including:
Ms. O'Shea takes on the intricate world of the demons, Orcus. The amazing culture that she has brought to life in Through a Crimson Veil is nothing short of awesome. The different castes of demons and the powers they have are so detailed that it was scarily believable. To be able to take an unbelievable concept and imbue it with such detail that it becomes 'real' is a true show of talent that ensures I will always look for Patti O'Shea's books.

How cool is this?

MN Weather Report: 76 degrees. Humid.