BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Maybe Not

Well, I tried to rewrite my scene yesterday using my friend's suggestion and it wasn't working for me. Maybe it was how tired I was--I can't seem to get enough sleep right now--but it just seemed as if the original version of the scene resonated better for me. I thought about it some last night before I fell asleep, but didn't last long enough to come up with any conclusive answers. I'll give it some more thought, but in the meantime, I'm moving on to the next scene.

I don't think I've mentioned Loud Vendor Guy in a while, have I? He's this outside vendor that has a cube in our building about two cubes away from me. He's incredibly loud--unbearably so--and I've been asking my tech writers to get me a pair of ear muffs. (like the kind the guys on the ramp wear when they're working around the loud jet engines.) So one of my guys came through for me. Hurrah! Now, I thought, I can put them on and not hear a word loud vendor guy says--after all, these ear muffs block JET noise and we know how loud that can be.

At lunch this week, I've put in my foam ear plugs, then put the ear muffs over that. And guess what? I can still hear Loud Vendor Guy. THROUGH THE EAR MUFFS! Which essentially means he's louder than a jet engine. Gah! No wonder I can't write during lunch at work. Who can concentrate with that decibal level???

MN Weather Report: 42 degrees Wind Chill: 34 degrees.