BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, March 06, 2006

Overslept. Yadda, Yadda

Yep, I did it again. I overslept this morning. I blame the Oscars. Even though I rarely watch movies, this is the one awards show that I pretty much never miss. I love to see the dresses most of all, but I do watch the presentations too. This year, the show went pretty fast--they were over before 11pm my time--but it was still plenty late for someone who gets up at 4am. Okay, someone who is supposed to get up at 4am.

There was a funny bit with Tom Hanks thanking everyone in the known universe and the orchestra coming right on stage to get him to quit. I know they focused intently on speeding the show up (and they needed to!), but there were still people who were thanking everyone they ever met.

This was an interesting year for the Oscars. As much as I don't go to the movies, I'm usually at least familiar with a few of the Best Picture nominees. This year, the only one I'd heard of was Brokeback Mountain. I didn't even know what Crash was about or who was in it. I also missed who won for best actor and best supporting actress. I'm not quite sure how that happened.

So I overslept, and woke up to discover it snows which means I have to hustle. I'll have to work on posting the rules to the Blog-Only contest later today. Please check back for that.
I really meant to get that up this morning, but of course, I didn't plan ahead. :-)