BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Questions Galore

I posted my thoughts on writing methods--and my doubts about my own--on the 2 B Read blog this morning. Other topics at 2 B Read this week are characters, dedications and pleasure reading, so head on over and check it out.

Yesterday I was unpacking boxes of research and reference books in the computer room (I think I want to start calling it an office. That sounds more professional. :-). It was an unending project of box after box. I swear it didn't look like I had this many books in my old office. All I did was throw them on the shelves in no order whatsoever. I'm trying to figure out how to arrange them so that what I need is easy to find. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Sorting by topic? Except what about overlap and stuff? It's daunting.

My dad looked around a couple of rooms in the house yesterday and said, "how did you fit all this stuff into one room?" Or words to that effect. I have a lot of scrapbook stuff and a lot of writing things as well.

While I'm asking for people's thoughts, how about this for the Blog-Only contest to win a copy of Ravyn's Flight? Every person who comments on the blog from Monday till the end of the month is entered to win. One entry for every comment during the month. How does this sound to y'all? I'm thinking of starting tomorrow, so I'd appreciate any thoughts--both pro or con--about this plan.

BTW, my mom was helping me and now I don't know where those found copies of RF are any longer. :-) I can only hope they'll turn up again by April 1st, when the contest will end.

I didn't get any writing done yesterday because of the all the unpacking, so today will be a day to focus on the WIP. I still have half a gazillion emails to answer, but since these poor people have waited for so long already, I'm thinking another day won't matter.