BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Two Working Days Left

I still have some more tweaking to do, and depending on the scene, some of the tweaks are pretty major, but I think I have the heavy work done on the WIP. Yea!

The plan for the day is to finish the rest of the additions/foreshadowing stuff. Then tomorrow, I can read through, polish and cut. I'll also have to look for the words I have a tendency to use over and over. When did "all," "just" and "still" become such problems for me? At least it's easy to do a search since I combined the whole story into one big document.

I wrote a new scene last night to wrap up some of the loose ends. It'll go nearly at the end. I think I'm going to push what was the final scene in chapter 24 into its own chapter.

In Eternal Nights news, I received a couple more great reviews! I haven't had time to add them to the website yet, and I probably won't until after the WIP is finished, but Romantic Times said:
Loosely connected to her first novel, Ravyn's Flight, O'Shea's terrific futuristic thriller packs in large quantities of action and multiple storylines. Besides the protagonists dealing with both current danger and past-life experiences, concurrent storylines involving secondary characters add depth and flesh out the story. A real winner!
And ParaNormal Romance Reviews said:
I read this book in a single day because I simpl[y] couldn't put it down. Patti O'Shea is a unique voice in the genre, and a force to be reckoned with.
How cool is that?

Now I need to get to work. Lots to do!