BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, June 26, 2006

Three Working Days Left

Three more days to revise the WIP then it goes out the door.

Yesterday I made it up to the beginning of the final fight. You know, the part that needs the most work out of anything in the entire book. Guess what I'll be doing today. ;-) The fight is actually two scenes that straddle a couple of chapters. First scene is in Ryne's POV and the second in Deke's. My goal for the day is to get this fight fixed.

In other revising news, I cut a fairly big section out of a scene because it slowed the momentum and didn't seem to fit. I thought about putting it in somewhere else, but I decided I really didn't need it, so it's gone permanently. It had one of my favorite lines in the entire book. :-( I'd share it here, but it wouldn't be interesting without the explanation of why I like the line so much, and if I explained that, it would give huge spoilers away on the book.

The deck is up on my house! Yea! I'll take pictures as soon as I have some time. Probably after the WIP is mailed to NYC. I'll have to stain the railings--more work--but that's also an after-the-book project. Okay, everything is an after-the-book project. :-)

My feed is apparently down because Bloglines says so. Since a bunch of other Blogspot blogs are down too, I figure Blogger doesn't need me to tell them--even if it hasn't been working since Friday evening.

I think that's it for today. I need to get moving because the earlier I finish the fight, the better. I still have a lot of work I want to get done.