BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

You've Got To Be Kidding!

I'm watching baseball and in between innings I see a commercial for a movie that looks and sounds so inane, I can't believe anyone spent money to make it. And people wonder why I haven't been to the theater since Titanic. Movies like this explain a lot. The title?

Snakes on a Plane

From IMDB:
Plot Outline: On board a flight over the Pacific Ocean, an assassin, bent on killing a passenger who's a witness in protective custody, lets loose a crate full of deadly snakes.

And of course, there's an official website for the movie.

You Tube calls it the "most hotly anticipated movie of 2006" and there's a parody trailer up there, though it's not the funniest thing ever.

I don't think I'm the target market for this movie. Maybe I'm wrong and it's cinematic genius, but somehow I doubt it. Give me Airport with a mad bomber blowing a hole in the plane. Or Airplane with the blow up doll as the auto pilot. This is one movie I won't be putting in my Netflix queue.