BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Extra Time at the EDJ

I had to make up time at the Evil Day Job (EDJ) yesterday. I'd planned to do it today instead, but we have 3-5 inches of snow (blech!) in the forecast and I didn't want to drive home any later in bad weather than my usual time. That's one big advantage to starting so darn early--I'm usually out of the office before the freeways become horrible when it snows.

The last hour at the EDJ actually went pretty fast and there were riddles involved. :-) There's an intern sitting across the aisle from me and he had a riddle he was telling everyone. So then I told the only riddle I remember from when I was a kid and it was hilarious to watch these engineers work. I thought they'd get it quickly, but they over analyzed until they had themselves hopelessly far from the answer.

There was one more great riddle that I know I knew--once upon a time--but I couldn't remember it to save my life. Not even enough of it to do an online search. I'm going to have to think about this for a while.

In other news, my amaryllis has tiny bugs flying around it and they had to have come with the flowers because I didn't have any of these things in my house before it arrived. I tried spraying them with hairspray over the weekend, but all that did was stink up my house and I was getting worried about what it was doing to the flowers. What I'd like to do is stick the whole pot outside for a few ours. With our cold temperatures, that should kill those bugs in short order. The only problem? Amaryllis are sissy flowers and I think the cold will kill them, too.