BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

My Book Collection

When I was over at Donna Grant's blog yesterday, the subject of To Be Read (TBR) piles came up. I mentioned a couple of times that I had to remember to share pictures of my book collection on my blog, so here it is. Please excuse the mess. My dad was still installing the bookcases and there are tools, a shop vac and other things in the shot.



It's hard to see in the image, but the freestanding bookcases have another bookcase behind them so they're back-to-back with each other. And all the bookcases, except the ones on the back wall, are filled. Oh, and all those boxes you see on shelves? Those are more books. I had them packed for space reasons before I moved and there are some favorites in there that I'd love to unpack and get on the shelves. Someday.

These books are a combination of read and TBR. I had them separated before I moved, but when my mom was helping me put things away, she didn't realize I had them divided and she put them on the shelves in alphabetical order. You can see that I still have some putting away to do. :-) Time. If I only had more time.

At this nebulous future point when I have more time, I want to go through the books and grab their ISBN numbers for my records. I have most of my books in a spreadsheet and I'd like to add that missing bit of information and add the books that didn't get input at all. If I only could remember which ones they were. :-/

Anyway, fiction book count is over 5,000 owned. I'm not sure how much over because there are some things it's just better not to know. :-) My name is Patti and I am an Obsessive Book Hoarder.