BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Bucket List

I've been thinking lately about bucket lists. I don't have one, and when I try to make one, I can't come up with more than a few items, all of them travel.

I guess I'm lucky. I already did most of the things I would have added to a bucket list before I'd ever heard of them. I did have a Pinterest board for this topic, but I mostly repinned other people's items, and while I thought everything was cool, none of it was anything I was truly passionate about pursuing.

So if I include the things I've already done, what would my bucket list look like?
  1. Write and publish books with a New York publisher
  2. Visit Europe
  3. Visit Hawaii
  4. Visit Alaska
  5. Go to Australia
  6. Take a Cruise
  7. Own a home
  8. Go Whale Watching 
  9. Complete a 5K race 
  10. Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort and ride the monorail to the park
  11. Go to Ireland
  12. Visit French Polynesia
  13. Visit New Zealand
  14. See all 50 US States (I have about 14 left and I possibly went to one or two of them already, but I'm unsure, so not counting them.)
  15. Oh, one more! Knit a sweater.
Maybe I'm getting this list thing wrong. Maybe I'm supposed to have different types of things on here? My understanding, though, is that bucket lists are the things you want to do before you die. This is it for me.

I don't want to jump out of airplanes. I don't want to meet a celebrity. I don't want to bungee jump. And maybe I have this wrong because I don't have anything I consider highly unlikely to happen, like visiting Mars (although, yes, I would like to do that if it were completely safe and there was no hardship involved. I am not a pioneer type.)