BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Dream Bathroom

Sometimes I fantasize about what my perfect bathroom would look like and the one thing that is consistent in all my dreams is that I would have a master bath without a bathtub.

I always shower. I can't even tell you the last time I took a bath. It just seems like a huge waste of time and I'd have to hop in the shower anyway to wash my hair, so why bother? And yet every house I've had has had a tub. :-(

Tubs collect dust and they take up valuable real estate that could be purposed for something more useful--like a shower that is large enough for a seat and totally luxurious. Or how about a slightly bigger shower and a linen closet that isn't taking up space in my walk-in closet? (This is making me insane.) Or a vanity where I could sit down to mess with makeup and such. Said vanity could even have big drawers, something my current master doesn't have.

This house has two other bathtubs, so it shouldn't hurt resale and no tub would make me ecstatically happy.

Of course, I can't afford to redo my bathroom and so I'll have to live with this tub. Sigh. But it is nice to dream.