BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Totally an Artist

Have you guys heard about those painting studios where you show up, sip a little wine, and paint a picture on a canvas? I think it's been a few years since I first read something about them and I've wanted to try it from the start. I finally got my chance!

A few of the women I work with wanted to try it as a girls' night out and everything fell into place for Tuesday. There were six of us and we had the back row to ourselves.

It was a lot of fun! (Although the chairs were pretty uncomfortable.) I discovered I have a heavy hand with the paint brush and things didn't turn out quite the way I'd hoped, but it still turned out good enough that I'll hang it up in my house somewhere. Probably in my bedroom.

If you're looking for something fun to do, especially with a group, check to see if there's somewhere around your area that hosts a painting night. It was definitely worth it.

This is my painting.