BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Knitting Needles

Last Christmas, I planned the holiday party for my boss's boss and all his departments. It took a lot of nagging, but I managed to pull it off. As a thank you, my boss's boss gave me a gift card to a craft store. Woot!

Recently, said craft store had a super good sale with 25% off of everything and free shipping on any dollar amount. It was time to use my gift card!

As a new knitter, I'm woefully under supplied with knitting needles. Aside from my interchangeable set, I have three sizes of straight needles and two sizes of Double Pointed Needles (DPN). I didn't want to invest a lot of money in the straight needles because I don't use them that often and I don't think it's because I'm so limited on size. I like using my interchangeable needles with the long cord for shawls because of the number of stitches involved.

I'm still waiting for a sale to pick up a couple of sets of DPNs--one set for each sock or sleeve I need to knit--and I definitely would like some 8 or 9 inch circular needles for knitting in the round in this manner when I want to. The DPNs do the same thing, but sometimes I struggle with them.

Anyway, I ordered my straight needles--one set in every size I didn't have--and I discovered my gift card was for double what I thought! Thank you, boss's boss!!! So I bought yarn, too. :-)

After placing my order, I told my dad about the extra money on the gift card and what I'd bought. What was his response? "Do you really need more knitting needles?"

Grrr!

Now granted, he doesn't knit so he doesn't get it, but when I was in college and living at home, he used to ask me, "Do you really need another pair of black shoes?" Well, of course I did or I wouldn't have bought them. Men!